1. Will my CPAP equipment be wet from the SoClean? No. The SoClean disinfects with activated oxygen. No fluids or water are used in this process
2. Is the SoClean harmful to me or the environment? No. The activated oxygen generator is always kept at a safe level and never reaches the outside environment.
3. How do I know that my SoClean is truly sanitizing? After the disinfecting process has been successfully completed, the cycle indicator light will shine green. Your CPAP equipment will have a light, clean scent.
4. What if the scent the SoClean leaves is too strong for me? If you have already treated your equipment with the Neutralizing Pre-Wash, and still feel that the scent is too strong, there are a number of things you can do: (1) Before wearing your mask at bedtime, run your CPAP for 20 seconds to allow any residual scent to be blown out. (2) Set the timer so that treatments take place earlier in the day, allowing any residual scent to dissipate by nighttime. (3) Reduce the treatment duration time. You can cut back to as little as 5 minutes and still receive effective disinfecting. (4) Disinfect your equipment every other day instead of daily.
5. What if my indicator light is shining red or yellow? This means that the disinfecting process is not yet complete. Please wait until the light shines green to remove your CPAP equipment from the SoClean chamber.
6. What if my indicator light is not shining after a scheduled cleaning time? This would indicate that the SoClean did not carry out its scheduled disinfecting. Common reasons for this are that the lid was not securely closed, there was no mask in the chamber at cleaning time or the open hose slot plug is missing or not properly seated.
7. What if I missed my scheduled sanitizing time, but still wish to sanitize my equipment? In these instances you can use the Manual feature. See your User Guide on how to do this.
8.Why does my display say Order Filter Kit? This message appears approximately every 6 months, depending upon usage, as a reminder to regularly replace the filter and check valve assembly.
9. Are there materials that I should avoid putting into the SoClean? Nylon and natural rubber break down when exposed to activated oxygen. Most manufacturers typically do not use these materials in their reservoirs, hoses, masks or headgear. If you have questions in this regard, contact your CPAP manufacturer, supplier or Better Rest Solutions
10. My mask feels oily, what should I do? Skin chemistry is unique. Some individuals with an oily skin type may need to hand-wash the mask occasionally.